Wednesday, October 20, 2004

 

Karen Hughes Questions Pat Robertson’s Veracity

Pat Robertson, Founder, Christian Coalition:

"He [Bush] was the most self-assured man I ever met in my life. Remember Mark Twain said he looks like a contended Christian with four aces. I mean he was sitting there like I'm on top of the world. And I warned him about this war. I had deep misgivings about this war. Deep misgivings. And I was trying to say, Mr. President, you better prepare the American people for casualties. Oh, no, we're not going to have any casualties. Well, I said, you know, it's the way it's going to be." [CNN, 10/19/04]

Karen Hughes on CNN:

When asked about Robertson's comments on his conversation with Bush, Hughes replied:

Hughes: "Judy, I cannot imagine that that conversation would ever take place. I've never heard the president say anything of the sort.... So I can't imagine whether he misunderstood, or what happened. But I'm certain that the president did not say that remark."

CNN: "So Pat Robertson is lying or wrong or something?"

Hughes: "Well, again, Judy, I don't know. Perhaps he misunderstood.... It just doesn't sound consistent with the facts as I knew them at the time."
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?